Thursday, October 23, 2014

Core Value Reflection

I believe on core value I have been succeeding throughout this quarter in English would be communication. This is because I feel like I constantly participate in class and give my insight on my opinion. Furthermore in discussion I am constantly trying to play devil’s advocate with others and try and get their own opinion. One example of me communicating was when we were sharing our literary analysis posters to others, where I was always involved in the conversation. I especially like communicating in literary analysis because sometimes there is no right or wrong answer, and to hear other people’s thought is great.

One core value that I can improve on is risk taker. The problem with me is that I follow the teacher’s guidelines, and thats it. I never have the creativity to think further or deeper about something. For example, Ms. Baumgarten told us that the necklace in The Necklace represented her confidence or the person she wanted to be. I listened to what she said but I never went ahead and came up with my own theory. I think especially in English, I should constantly be thinking deeper on subjects, because as I said before sometimes there are no right or wrong answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment