Monday, October 6, 2014

Prisoner's dilemma reflection

After playing the prisoner's game, I realized that I am a very selfish person. I only thought about myself winning the cake, rather than working together and both getting cake (which we didn't know). Furthermore, my decisions weren't rational and I was close minded about taking risks. For example, I only encouraged to put blue when I was talking about getting their trust then destroying it. I never mentioned putting it there just because we would risk losing 5 points.  I was more motivated by the fact that we would win cake if we got to twenty points. Moreover, this connects to our lesson unit where it talks about Hobbes vs Locke. It's funny because we all said that we agree with Locke's philosophy a little bit more. Now that we have finished it shows Hobbe's theory right. Humans are people, who if they want something, will get it by any means, even if it means betraying the trust of others. Additionally, it opened my eyes a little bit more at my actions, because I was encouraging people to win, more then to work together. I think this is because as we grow older, and grow with new experiences, we are more cautious and suspicious of our surroundings. Overall, I believe that this activity has really taught me to look at different perspectives, or in this case, Hobbe's.

No comments:

Post a Comment