Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Today in class we worked on an activity where we got a country, and then found the statistics of cigarettes used per day. We then answered questions about the statistics we found.

Surprising Information I'm very surprised by the facts that I learned today. It was an overall eye opening experience for me because I learned so many things about smoking. Smoking not only affects your body, but it does affect how much money you spend on the cigarettes. I have always known that cigarettes are bad for my body, I didn't realize that it would cost so much.

My decisionThis will definitely stay in my mind as I grow older because it just adds to the list of negative aspects of cigarettes. I would much rather spend my money on other needs, such as food or shelter. Basic needs are much more important for me, not cigarettes. They not only shorten my life span, but also take thousands of dollars out of my wallet. 

Passive Smoking
Yes I think its perfectly fine for the government to tell its people not to smoke in public places. When people smoke in open places with other people, they are not only putting themselves in danger, but they are putting others in danger of second hand smoke. It is not only selfish, but harmful effects can take place on the non-smoker.

Prices Increased?Yes I think they should be increased, but only slightly. Increasing the cost of cigarettes can make people stop, but it can also encourage people to buy more, and therefore lose more money. It all really depends on the person buying the cigarette but I think it will have a more positive effect than negative. Overall, I believe the prices of cigarettes should be larger

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your reflection on this task. You were able to include some reasoning behind your opinions and make connections to the world. I like the way that you incorporated sub headings in your post. Did you do that because of C.A.R.P?

    ReplyDelete