Monday, April 7, 2014

Dance Video Reflections

1. I really liked this dance. It was very unique and very well thought out. I really liked how they would dance to the beat of the song. Once the song got faster, they would dance faster, and once the song slowed down they would dance slower. I really liked the outfits as well. I believe they really matched with the song that played. It was very appealing to see and I didn't want it to end. Also I liked how they were in sync the whole time of the dance. There wasn't one part where they missed a step. I believe we could use this in our dance class. We should learn how to tell a story with our dances.


After watching the video about the dance, I think I understood the story of the dance more. It was about a boy who was helping his sick mother through life. I really liked the dance a whole lot more that I know that there was a personal story behind it. It gave me goosebumps of how the boy was propping his mother up and always has her back.


2. This dance was a bit too creepy for my taste. I didn't really like the style of dance, and I didn't quite like the song either. Though, as the song went on, I liked the dance moves more and more. They were doing a lot of stunts that were in place, and I thought those were cool. There were some parts where they were in separate places all over the stage, and I also thought that was a way we could start using the stage. Also there the some parts that they were something together and in sync. Though it was a little strange, I still liked some of the stunts that they did.


The video before the dance didn't really change my impression, though it made me understand what was going on more. Now that I know that the guy was the bird and the girl was the flower, I now understand what was going on. I didn't like it anymore, though I understand what is going on more.


3. I really liked this dance. It had story to it which I really liked. It was about a women who really loved her husband, but her husband keeps on working. It was very cute and I really liked it. I thought it was very clever because it really went to the beat of the song and it worked well. When it got to the drums only, they followed the drums' beats. Also I really liked how it really showed how the girl loved this man so much, even through dance. It was very slow and romantic, yet it made me want to dance at the same time. I wish the dance could've gone on longer because I really liked it.


The video before the dance, didn't change my impressions. I already understood what was going on in the dance without needing to hear the video before. I still think it was very very good and I really liked it. It was very emotional, yet it had a sense that made you want to dance.



Overall, I think  liked the last one the most. It just gave me goosebumps becuse of the story it told. It had  a lot of passion in it, and I thought that was very good. I also liked how it was very in sync. I think I would like to do more dances with stories like this one because I really liked doing it with my inspiration dance as well. I really liked the whole genre of hip hope ebcause I used to do that type of dance when I was little. I think I would choose the second one as my second favorite because I also really liked the story of the sick mother and the son helping her through life. I also liked how it told a story and it was in fact a personal story. I think my least favorite was the second one. I didn't like it at all because I didn't really like the style of dance because it was dark. I would rather have something that was more passionate and showed a real personal story.

No comments:

Post a Comment