Saturday, April 12, 2014

Lyric Speech

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3rgqNBz0M4&feature=share&list=PLyYEYDZM6caILdaH3zvijHoiLInU5m_2b&index=3

For my Stepping up to the Stage class we had to pick a song that we like and preform it. The only catch was that we couldn't sing it, but instead we had to preform it like a poem or monologue. We also had to use our body to portray most of the words sang in the lyrics. Furthermore, we had to change our tone at least three times in the song. Another thing that also made it difficult was the fact that we had to say it in a perspective different than the actual song.

I think my speech went fairly well. I did all the movements I wanted to and more. For example there were some parts that I just decided to add a movement. I also changed my voice three times which I thought was very good since I thought I would struggle with that. Also we were required to have a prop or use something in the room and  I completed this task. I pointed to the windows which I thought was a good idea. One thing that I would like to change was the fact that sometimes I read the lyrics in the same rhythm, therefore making it boring. I would really like to break that habit because it doesn't sound proffesional and it makes it seem like I'm nervous.

Overall, I think I did a good job of completing what was asked of me but I can still work on my rhythm.

No comments:

Post a Comment