Thursday, April 3, 2014

Math Reflection


This year we worked with a system called Acceleration Math. Acceleration Math helped us with our math skills online, at our own pace. If you didn't understand something accelerated math would provide methods and videos that help you. You would complete enough problems to show you understand the objectives and then they are put on a test. You can only print out a test if you have 5 objectives. The test is on paper and you cannot use anything on the internet to complete the tests. You can ask Mr. Swartz for help but you cannot ask the internet. Once you finish the test you scan it and see how much objectives you mastered. The maximum you can get is 5 objectives mastered, but sometimes you only get four.

As you can see I reached the goal of 35 objectives this semester. I am really proud because I finished these objectives in a span of two weeks. Usually its over the span of six, so I was far ahead everyone else. Because I finished acceleration math I understood some lessons before others did as well. I could also work on other subjects without thinking about accelerated math. I actually enjoyed accelerated math because it helped me understand math in a new level. It was also at my pace so it really helped if I wanted a challenge or if I didn't understand something. I actually prefer Acceleration Math over the traditional way because it suits your needs. If you are a better student then the others in class, you can learn more challenging subject, and if you are struggling with some lessons, it will go at the pace you want it.

No comments:

Post a Comment