Tuesday, October 8, 2013

General Reflection

In which of the core values have you shown the most success? Why?

I think the core value that I have shown success in Critical thinkers, Curious, and reflective for many reasons. First, I believe I am a very good critical thinker because on the Science test, I received high marks for the HOT questions. I also believe this, because once we had to build out a spaghetti bridge, and I gave lots of ideas, that the other groups didn't think of. I believe that I have curiousity because in my geography class, I was so curious about many things. Firstly, my dad has lived in Africa, and I really wanted to learn about where he came from. So, for our Google maps, I tried to find news about my dad, and where he lived. I learned a lot of things from that experience, and from the point on I realized I was very curious about things on a personal level. Lastly, I think I am reflective, because recently I have been really thinking about what things I can do better, in order to receive a better grade. For example, on my humanities blog post I first received an 80, and I was disappointed. I then went to the rubric, and did all the things that I needed to do. The next grade I got was a 90, and I knew that I was doing it right.

In which of the core values have you shown the most progress or growth? Why?

I think the one that I have showed the most improvement in is Reflective. This is because last year, I never thought of what I can do better in order to get a better grade. Now this year, like I have said, I think I have improved in it. I am now always thinking of ways I could've done something better, and it is really proving that I have grown throughout my time at Graded. Like I said, I have never thought about reflecting, unless the teacher told me to reflect on what I am doing, and know I really am doing well in my classes, due to reflection

Which core value is most challenging for you? Why?

I think the core value that has really been hard for me is risk-taking. I think this is because, in my old school, I was always taught to follow the rules, and follow the rubric. But since I have been at Graded I have learned that I should think out of the box, at some times. It has been really hard, because I have learned to do the generic thing; to never be different. I've learned this the hard way in some classes, because I should've followed, and received a bad grade. I think I am starting to progress in it, though, because last week, we had to make a project, and mine really stood out since it was different than others. For example, mine was a duck with things hanging down from it. I was very happy that I have finally shown risk-taking.

What are your goals for the rest of the school year?

My goals for the rest of the year, are the same goals I set out every year. I strive to earn all A's in all the classes. I think this is a reasonable goal since this quarter, I recieved all A's except for one high B. I know that I can get all A's, all if I really work hard, which I have been

No comments:

Post a Comment