Saturday, October 5, 2013

Math Reflection


This above shows my accelerated math score. Accelerated math has always been hard for me, especially since we had a due date for 40 objectives, and I was always trying my best to be one of the the tops tens. Accelerated Math is a program in which allows you to go on the pace you want, but still has the same problems as other. So for example lets say you do a practice and you get all of them right except you get 3 wrong in one certain area, it gives you those problems on the next practice, to make sure you fully  understand them before you get a test. To get a test you need to have 5 objectives that you have done well on. On the test, you cannot use any source except your calculator or a peer, which is difficult because sometimes you would want to ask your teacher, or look it up on Google. If you do well on the test, and you get no more than 2 wrong, then you get 5 objectives mastered. For our class, you would need 40, so then after you would get 5 you would need 35 more. So as you can see, you would always want 5 so it would be even. So let's say you have 34 objectives mastered you would need 2 more test to complete the goal set out for you.


As you can see, this is a very hard experience. Not only does it take up a lot of your time, it also causes stress onto you, since you have other classes. But actually, I really liked this. It really helped me do better on my tests, and I learned a bunch of new things, and I am so glad that I have. Once, my mom needed help with a problem she saw, and I knew how to do it, and I could tell she was surprised. Furthermore, I would love to do this experience again because it has taught me to be responsible, and risk-taking.

No comments:

Post a Comment