Thursday, October 3, 2013

Humanities Artifact




This is my This I believe video for my Humanities class. This project that we did really made me think about my curiosity about movie making, and even writing. In this project we had to write an essay about the moral we believed in. For example, in mine I put that I believe in not judging people before you get to know them. 

For this project, we first needed to write an essay about a moral that we believed in. I couldn't think of one thing and it took me a few days to come up with an idea and outline of what I would do for my piece. Next, we needed to actually write the piece and that took many stages. First, you needed to make a detailed outline of what you would write about. This part really was challenging for me, since I was never good with narrative writing. Next we had to write our first draft. Then we had to check with someone else. I was glad we did this step, because I always think my piece is fine, but then when someone else reads it they see the flaws in it, and I really benefit from it. Then we had to write our final draft. Now we had to do the movie, and it was due 4 days later! This step was definitely  the hardest for me since I was always technologically challenged. I was never good with making movies, or being creative, and plus everything had to come from creative commons! I was so afraid I wouldn't make the deadline, but after hard work and commitment, I did and I was so glad.

This project that I have done really made me explore options of what I could do for other projects, and what are my strengths and weaknesses of my skills. This project really made me think of how challenging something can be, in a little period of time. I think I really showed communication skills since I talked with many people to see what ideas I would do. It was a very tough project but I really showed mastery in it, I believe. I am very proud of my project, and I guess my teacher was too because I received a 97 on the multimedia project, and a 98 on my piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment