Thursday, October 3, 2013

Portuguese Artifact

https://soundcloud.com/danazamat/portuguese


This link is my song that we had to record and the teacher would listen and grade it. This was important in our studies because we were learning how to pronounce words and phrases. I think in this activity I showed a lot of growth from when I first came. For example, I didn't know how to pronounce words with ao at the end. This is because I wasn't a native speaker and usually it was very hard for me to speak since I knew one other language and it had nothing to do with portuguese. As you can see in this song I really improved, and soon I will be able to speak very well, with great pronunciation. In the song, there are still many places where I can improve, but I think I am on the right track. 

Throughout the quarter I have learned many things about Portuguese and about myself. In the beginning of the semester we first went over what we did last year. It was a review, yet I remembered things that I had forgotten. We continued to do review but at the same time, we started learning new vocabulary by doing exercises such as the Vamos pra cinema. It was challenging, yet fun and I was glad I learned new things. As we continued with the quarter, we learned more and more things. I had not known past verbs, and now I do. Hopefully we continue to learn things as we are, because I'm starting to get used to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment